Pages

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Sunshine and frosts

So I woke up this morning, looked out of the window, and would you believe it??? Frost! And there I was thinking spring had well and truly arrived!? I trotted off to the plot after work fearing the worst for my little spuds, but luckily (hopefully) all seemed well and they are not poking through in their trenches yet. I thought they might have been with all the nice weather we've been having here in the Midlands, but thankfully no.

Anyway, these little beauties were all waving at me when I arrived. We planted the bulbs specifically so that we could have cut flowers for free and I think they're really lovely. Mind you, it's a shame about my arrangement....I'm really a throw in a vase type of gal, but I did my best. It's fairly symmetrical (if that's a good thing?), but I'm definitely florally challenged :o)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails