Pages

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Lampwork necklace commission


This week I have finished off a commission I had for a lampwork lentil bead necklace on a gold chain with a lampwork nugget focal and danglies.  

I am really pleased with the way it's turned out.  The photos really don't do the beads justice and make the look duller in colour than they are.  I used dark ivory and transparent striking red Effetre, CIM Caramel and Aurea Double Helix.  The chain was the lady's own and made a lovely substantial piece of jewellery.  

The original focal nugget bead I made really didn't suit the final necklace, so I made another that did and turned the original one into a simple pendant.  I hope she likes them.


I've made a few of these long necklaces now. The first was for my Mum as a Christmas present (she's the best agent a gal can have! See her necklace here, second pic down) and the rest of the orders have come from there. 

These next beads are for a similar necklace that I made for a lady that was emigrating to Austrailia (sorry, I can't find a pic of the finished necklace - I'm not sure I even took one!?). It was finished on a sterling silver chain and findings.  I've also just been asked to make one that has four round lentil beads instead of six and hangs as a shorter necklace.  Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails