Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2010

New range


So I spent the last 3 weeks preparing stock for a fair that never happened.  I won't go into details as there's nothing I could do about it, but needless to say I've a fair amount of ceramic pendants and fused glass earrings that I will be updating to my website in the near future.  I've also put my name down for a table at my local school's Christmas Fayre.  Hopefully I'll still do okay.

I've a few different style pendants.  The top pic is of the disk pendants and these are my flower range...

 
 

They are all handmade, handpainted and made into pendants by me.  I've also made earrings and some brooches too.  The hubby designed some new cards for the earrings which I feel really sets them off well - to get an idea of scale, the cards are a bit smaller than business card size.

Earrings (the posts are silver plated) ...




The brooches....


I've been loving working with the fused glass.  I made lots and lots of lovely fused glass studs.  These are with sterling silver posts....



In my last post I talked about fused glass pendant sized pieces.  Well I have had another go and am very pleased with the results.  I made my own stringers and made up the pieces much more evenly (note the four at the top on the right.  These were from the first batch that I re-fused with the addition of another layer of clear glass).

And the results (sorry about the poor photo)...


I'm really pleased with these.  They are what I was hoping for and some of the dichroic effects are really interesting to look at.  Next challenge is hanging them.  I have found some strong glue, but it so far only works on the flat rolled bails and not the leaf bails - I'm going to be experimenting with different glues I can see!  I want to do more pieces with my own handmade  bails fused inside the glass or even holes added afterwards too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails