Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

A Little Bit of Love

So I walked up the hill to begin my run from the usual hightest point and as I was nearing it I walked by a tree.  Up hanging on the tree was the sweetest  little crocheted lilac heart.  I stopped and had a good look at it, it really made me smile.  I really would have liked to take it from the tree and keep it, but I wasn't sure if you were supposed to or if by doing so it would make someone really sad - so I left it where it was and went off on my run(/shuffle).

Last night I thought I would have a quick look on line to see if I could find out anything about it or if there was a reason behind why someone would be hanging little hearts on a tree and I couldn't believe it when there on the second site I clicked on - was a photo of the little heart (or one of it's brothers at least).  I clicked on a link to the blog and there was my tree! 

Dominiques' blog

I contacted Dominque who made the hearts and asked if I she would mind if I went back and collected it and then popped back in the dark last night to do just that.

The little heart still hanging on the tree when I returned to fetch it.
Up Close - so sweet!

I absolutely love it, it's so sweet and somehow really special - made all the more so by the fact that I found out who had made it :).  I did have a look around for the others from the pics, but they were gone, I guess to new homes!

I then returned and spent the rest of my evening learning to make crocheted hearts (from here - Little Birdie Secrets) with scraps of yarn and a crochet hook I dug out from the depths of a drawer.  Then this morning I made a granny square (get me, I know all the lingo now :) ) (from here - Bethintx1 on Youtube).  The Girlie had a go at crochet too and I gained a simple (but lovely) necklace from it :).  We then popped into town to buy some more yarn, better needles and a book (I know I can find all the info I could ever need online, but we really liked this one).  The next couple of days are now planned and I feel a new fad coming on!  Thanks Dominique!

My first attempts at hearts and a granny square - in fact my first go at any sort of crochet other than a chain, plus the new book :)

Do pop over an have a look at her blog where she explains what she got up to! My Other Loves x

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh this is brilliant! I'm so pleased that you gave it a good home!
    I also have that book (which is really good!)
    I can't wait to see what you get up to with the little hearts they already look very cute and colourful and waiting to adorn some lifeless bench/fence! Unless you have something else planned.

    Thank you for appreciating my little hearts, I never ever could have expected anything as good as this!
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails